What is the Uplifters’ Baby Care Online Course?
Congratulations! Welcoming a newborn baby to your family is a big change and while every family has different ways of parenting, there are some foundational understanding of child safety & development that we think all caretakers would benefit from learning.
Uplifters is a nonprofit charity in Hong Kong that provides online courses such as financial education to domestic helpers. They recently have developed a new baby care course to help employers and domestic helpers to work as a team for baby care. There are 2 modules covering:
- Module 1: covers Baby well-being, hygiene, home environment
- It also covers communication between employer & worker: how to be clear about role and responsibilities, establishing healthy boundaries
- Module 2: covers Baby’s different developmental stages and how to handle emergencies.
The Curriculum is created by a registered paediatrician, and a pediatric nurse (Dr Blandine Prevost & Benedicte Le Caherec). The program follows the guidelines and includes the most current recommendations from the World Health Organization (WHO) and UNICEF. At the end, there will be a final exam to assess understanding.
- Dual access for the employer (the parents) and the domestic helper.
- 1-year access to the course. Self-paced, and available to begin any time.
- Prompts to help parents communicate their expectations and make sure the domestic helper has the training she needs to be aligned with their parenting style.
- Content in simple English vocabulary, and videos are translated into both Tagalog (Filipino) and Bahasa (Indonesian).
- 45-day full refund policy.
- Online support & private Facebook community groups for domestic helpers and employers.
- Certificate at end if you pass last test with 75% (hard test)
See the full course description: HERE, but use our link below to enrol and receive a 15% discount! – Just to be transparent, we get a small percentage as a commission – but we only receive this after the refund period. –
Last updated on June 8th, 2021