How can I report or check the license of an employment agency?

The Hong Kong Labour Department Employment Agencies Portal makes it easy to check for an employment agency license as well as to report agencies that are not adhering to the Code of Practice for Employment Agencies.

How can I check the license of an employment agency?

Regardless of which employment agency you choose to use, you should as a minimum check that it is fully licensed and accredited. You can easily check for an employment agency’s license on the Labour Department website.

How can I report an employment agency?

You are encouraged to report domestic helper overcharging or passport holding by an employment agency to both the relevant Consulate and the Labour Department through the Employment Agencies Portal. To report to the Labour Department you can easily fill out the required form and attach the necessary documents of proof online.

Reporting bad agencies is a crucial part to fixing the broken recruitment system in Hong Kong. Be aware that the complaint of an employer will be heard more strongly than that of helper as they often do not have the same resources to present their case.

Where can I find information about reported agencies?

On 10 October 2018, the Hong Kong Labour Department announced that the records of conviction, revocation/refusal of renewal of licence and written warnings of employment agencies will be published on the Employment Agencies Portal.

Last updated on July 6th, 2023

Ready to get hiring? Fair is here to help!

View Prices