Can domestic helpers get their COVID-19 vaccination in Indonesia before coming to Hong Kong?
Yes, vaccination is available for the general public in all provinces of indonesia. However, it is suggested to check the availability of vaccines in the region before registration.
To find health facilities that serve COVID-19 vaccination, you may click the following link: https://pedulilindungi.id/
Who can register for vaccinations?
Those people who hold an Indonesian Identity card “KTP” that are above 18 years of age are eligible for COVID-19 vaccination.
What COVID-19 vaccinations are available?
The Indonesia Minister of Health facilities three types of vaccines:
- Sinovac (Recognised by Hong Kong)
- AstraZeneca (Recognised by Hong Kong)
- PT Bio Farma (This brand is not one of those that are recognised by the Hong Kong government (info.gov.hk, 29 June))
However, the public cannot choose which vaccine to inject due to the limited vaccine available.
After receiving the vaccination, domestic helpers should get their records validated.
- Link to book verification: https://pedulilindungi.id/
- Instructions for Vaccination Record Verification in Indonesia:HERE (gia.info.gov.hk)
Final arrangements to travel to Hong Kong
Please see more on this: Can domestic helpers from the Philippines and Indonesia travel to Hong Kong?
You may also like
- Coronavirus updates affecting domestic helpers
- COVID-19 Quarantine arrangements for domestic helpers arriving to Hong Kong from the Philippines and Indonesia
- Quick guide for Employers of Domestic Helpers
- Signup for the Fair Bulletin: Monthly newsletter from Fair Agency
- Follow us on: Facebook and Instagram
Ready to get hiring? View Services
If you found this article helpful, please consider donating today.
Fair Employment Agency is a nonprofit agency. We put a lot of work into producing high quality, accurate and updated information resources because when employers and domestic helpers are informed, they are empowered to make good choices.
If you found this article helpful, please consider donating to support us through Fair Employment Foundation, a registered section 88 charity in Hong Kong, which builds social businesses (like us!) to make migrant recruitment fair to workers & fair to employers.
- Click HERE for all donation methods.