Get Answers → COVID-19 employer worker
Do domestic helpers need to go into quarantine when they return to the Philippines?
Domestic helpers, as citizens, are allowed to return to the Philippines. The quarantine periods and other arrangements will be based on the passenger’s vaccination status. For details, please refer to the Philippines government announcement HERE. Read more below for arrival requirements for the Philippines.
Arrival requirements for the Philippines
Before you fly
- Secure confirmed flight to the Philippines.
- Check you have a valid passport.
- Check you have your vaccination record. If you received your vaccination in Hong Kong, you can present your Hong Kong vaccination certificate that you received upon vaccination. If you received your vaccination in the Philippines, then you need to present: Yellow Card issued by the Bureau of Quarantine, VaxCertPH issued by the Department of Health
- Complete the Health Declaration requirement: Register online via the official e-travel card website 72 hours before departure. Save the QR code from the e-arrival card registration and have your vaccine certificate to show to airline staff before boarding.
- For land-based OFWs, create/update your account on the OFW Assistance Information System (OASIS) at http://oasis.owwa.gov.ph/
- Upon check-in, sign the Declaration and Waiver Form presented by our check-in agent, indicating that you are healthy and fit to travel.
- Book an appointment to get your COVID-19 RAT Test administered and certified by a healthcare professional in a healthcare facility, laboratory, clinic, or other similar establishment taken 24 hours prior to the date and time of departure. Note: Fully vaccinated passengers (2 doses and at least 1 booster shot) are not required to present a pre-departure COVID-19 test.
During the flight
Complete the Health Declaration Form, Bureau of Customs Form, and Arrival Card.
When you arrive
- Upon arrival, listen to the briefing conducted by the Philippine Coast Guard.
- Undergo a temperature check, submit the Health Declaration Form upon deplaning, and proceed to the designated waiting area. Fill out the Project Care Slip.
- Clear with immigration and submit the Arrival Card.
- For land-based OFWs and your dependents, proceed to the Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA) Desk. Present the same QR code from the e-CIF and submit the OWWA Project Care Slip.
- Claim your baggage
- Exit the terminal and wait for your shuttle/bus that will take you to your assigned hotel.
Testing & Quarantine Requirements in the Philippines:
Passengers from Hong Kong to the Philippines will have to go through the following rules:
For fully vaccinated passengers (2 doses):
- Provide recognized vaccination record: If vaccinated in Hong Kong: Hong Kong vaccination certificate. If vaccinated in the Philippines: Yellow Card issued by the Bureau of Quarantine, VaxCertPH issued by the Department of Health
- For those fully vaccinated they are not required to present pre-departure COVID-19 test results;
For all other passengers
(for unvaccinated, partially vaccinated or whose vaccination status cannot be independently validated):
- Travelers 15 years and older shall present a remotely supervised/laboratory-based Rapid Antigen Test administered and certified by a healthcare professional in a healthcare facility, laboratory, clinic, or other similar establishment taken 24 hours prior to the date and time of departure from country of origin/first port of embarkation in a continuous travel to the Philippines, excluding lay-overs; provided that, he/she has not left the airport premises or has not been admitted into another country during such lay-over.
- Travelers 15 years and older who fail to present a negative pre-departure testing shall be required to undergo a laboratory-based Antigen Test UPON ARRIVAL at the airport.
- ACCOMPANIED minors below 15 years of age who are NOT VACCINATED for any reason whatsoever shall follow the quarantine protocols of their parent/s or an accompanying adult/guardian traveling with them.
- UNACCOMPANIED minors below 15 years of age who are NOT VACCINATED for any reason whatsoever shall follow the protocols set forth in (1) and (2) above.
- Any inbound traveler, whether Filipino or Foreign national, who shall test positive for COVID-19 through rapid antigen test shall be subjected to the latest prevailing quarantine and isolation protocols of the DOH.
- The accommodation and food during your stay will be shouldered by the Philippine government. Any additional hotel fees due to required extensions will be shouldered by their governing agency.
Updated Arrival requirements for the Philippines
- The information above was taken from the Bureau of Quarantine. Please check it for the most updated information: HERE
- Information on the arrival guide is available HERE
- Information for fully vaccinated travelers is available HERE
Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA)
Quarantine of returning OFWs are handled by the Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA). See their official Facebook page for Quarantine operations: HERE
- Website: http://www.owwa.gov.ph/
- Facebook: OWWA Hong Kong
- Or call OWWA:
- OWWA Philippines
- Hotline in Manila at 1348.
- NAIA OWWA Counters – Terminal 1: 09275781306; Terminal 2: 09954825372; Terminal 3: 09275781308;
- OWWA Repatriation Assistance Division. (02) 88917601
- OWWA Hong Kong
- Address: 2902, 29/F, United Centre, 95 Queensway, Admiralty
- Tel: 3483 0600
- Emergency Hotline: 6345 9324
You may also like:
- COVID-19 updates affecting domestic helpers & employers
- What does domestic helper hiring look like now with the impact of COVID-19?
- Deferring home leave
If you found this article helpful, please consider donating today.
Fair Employment Agency is a nonprofit agency. We put a lot of work into producing high quality, accurate and updated information resources because when employers and domestic helpers are informed, they are empowered to make good choices.
If you found this article helpful, please consider donating to support us through Fair Employment Foundation, a registered section 88 charity in Hong Kong, which builds social businesses (like us!) to make migrant recruitment fair to workers & fair to employers.
Click HERE for all donation methods.
Last updated on December 14th, 2022